Thursday 27 January 2011

Gulgnarg

Okay so time is limited and Kashmiri internet is not the best. I am however fantastic. I've landed in a place as friendly as Sesame Street, as more daunting than any exam or test and as exciting as Christmas morning when you're little. It's a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. A non-stop thrill a minute. I'm exceedingly happy but would appreciate a bit more snow. However, i've been out of the loop for a while since my last blog.

I had an 18 hour epic journey to get to Srinagar, one of the best trips I've had period. I'd be writing for days if I was to put into words what i've seen and done since my last entry. So I can't. But I implore the readers of this not to share my secret world in Gulmarg. It's 'paradis on earth' according to the tourism board. They're not far wrong from a mountain goat, snowboarders perspective. Highest gondola in the world, unlimited terrain, powder that lasts weeks not hours, some really interesting characters too. Then what it doesn't have makes it even more enjoyable. But that's a ramble for another time.

I've been trying to build an igloo, not taking enough pictures and enjoying some totally ridiculous snowboarding. I'm smiling like the cat that got a creamy, kipper, whiska pie!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is peachy and I am safe enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment